Frequently Asked Questions
How old is the joining age?
- The Joining age is 13 years old and cadets can stay until they are 20, however the maximum joining age is 17.
How many times a week do we meet?
- We meet twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
How long does a night normally last?
- A night normally last around 2 and half hours. The night starts at 19:00 and finishes at 21:30. Cadets are required to stay on the grounds at all times
What activities do we do?
- We cover a range of activities from flying to Cross country to archery.
There is a long list of activities that can be done at cadets as well as improving or gaining skills including getting a BTEC or two.
How strict is it and is it enjoyable?
- It can be quite strict at times but they are few a far between all the extremely enjoyable times that you could have shooting or doing field craft, when learning how to properly camouflage yourself.
How much does all of this cost?
- You get this large range of activities for a meer £12 a month
What kind of activities are there so I can better myself?
- There are plenty of activities you can do to help you improve yourself, which range from physical improvements such as cross country trials or improving your career gaining a couple of BTECs including aiding entrance to the RAF or other forces
How much is the uniform?
- The uniform is completely free but you must look after it. Unfortunately you must buy your own shoes
How often can I go flying
- There is the possibility of going flying 3 or 4 times a year
What about disabled people - can they join?
- Everyone is welcome to join as long as your handicap doesn't prevent you from taking part in a number of activities, or likely to cause you safety problems, however our staff will be extremely happy to explain all of this to you